Rocking time for FMS developers. Adobe introduce an interesting technology known as Flash Media Gateway (FMG), which enables you to do VoIP calls from your Flash Player , also it supports a video calling as well!
Flash Media Gateway is a new real-time server platform that enables Adobe® Flash® and Adobe AIR® applications to connect with traditional communication devices via SIP and the work flow for that is Flash Player connects to Flash Media Server, which connects to Flash Media Gateway, which connects to SIP network and then call ends up in a classic telephone.
Below is the the list of great exciting features in FMG for RIA communication :
- Two way audio calls
- Call to video conferencing devices
- Flexible Telephony APIs
- Customizable call flows
- HTTP management and control interface
- Real- Time Transcoding
- Audio mixing
- Support SIP registrations
To get more information here from Adobe.
Enjoy RIA.. 🙂
Now Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is available with lot’s of new features. For developers it will provide global error handler to deal with unexpected runtime errors. Also provides some features for designers. Enhanced browser integration to optimized user experiences.
And mainly expands features for high quality media delivery which will be ready to take advantage of upcoming Media Server to provides rich media experience. And provide secured HTTP streaming. Streaming controls are also enhanced.
You can get more details from here
You can get demos from here
Enjoy RIA… 🙂
Adobe had provide a platform for Adobe Flash, Flex, AIR, LiveCycle Data Services and ColdFusion reference information about Actionscript language.
For more details refers the following link :
Enjoy RIA… 🙂
When any software development start then development team target finish the development within the timeline. And to achieve the target in less time developers have only one option to compromise with development standards and code optimization.
But I think code optimization is most important factor which should be considered at the time of development. And for that following are some common rules:
1) If possible then we have to use native methods instead of user defined methods. Because in execution native methods are faster than user defined methods.
2) It very normal thing we can observe from our code if we are using a for loop and we want to execute the loop (Array.length) number of time. Then before the loop we should have to assign Array.length to a variable and then will have to use the variable in the loop.
var _arrayLength:Number = itemArray.length;
for (var i:Number =0; i< _arrayLength; i++)
3) We should also think on optimizing loops from our codes. Some loops (let say setInterval()) will take lots of processing time of application. And if we are using function like setInterval() then we should remove it.
4) If possible then we should use local variables instead of global variables. Because local variables will be destroyed when its scope is finished.
There are several other rules by which we can improve performance of our application.
So enjoy RIA with optimized code 🙂
Flash Access 2 will attract audience with the some features like
1) Delivering protected contents to Adobe AIR or Flash Player application also allow user to stream and progressively download.
2) Also provide a high level protection by industry – standard encryption.
3) Support for output protection is also available.
4) Provides some features for performance optimization.
The Flash Camera class is primarily use with steraming server like Flash Media Server or Red5 Server. When we are broadcasting video using streaming server, its quality is an important issue. To get good quality of video at stream receiver side, we have to use setQuality(..) camera class method.
bandwidth:Number [optional] — An integer that specifies the maximum amount of bandwidth that the current outgoing video feed can use, in bytes per second.
quality:Number [optional] — An integer that specifies the required level of picture quality, as determined by the amount of compression being applied to each video frame. Acceptable values range from 1 (lowest quality, maximum compression) to 100 (highest quality, no compression).
To get good quality at receiver side had used setQuality as below:
setQuality( 0, 50000 )
As increasing the quality value of setQuality its surprising but giving good quality at receiver side.
So enjoy streaming with good quality 🙂
Red5 streams audio, video and data to and from the flash plugin live and on demand so there is no need to wait for the progressive video to load, as you can experience the freedom of on demand streaming. Connect your webcam, and you can broadcast live or record video right from your browser.
The main aims to build the ideal server platform for media and rich media applications and best of all, its open source. That creates a world of possibilities to change the web for the better. Now anyone can use or extend red5.
Red5 development is also good. But I think FMS is interesting and as far as quality is concern FMS is best.