Adobe Flex and Flash Platform provides excellent development environment for rich experiences for games and websites. To develop an effective user experience application I think need to plan from scratch means the selection of development tool to deployment environment.
Recently, I am got some time on exploring interesting application on Facebook and exploring frameworks and Flash Builder. Among a list of available options for frameworks and Facebook applications, I choose to explore an option for creating Flash Builder web application with Facebook.
To develop Facebook application will have to use Facebook REST API we will have to follow some steps as described below:
1) Add Facebook Developer application to your Facebook account
2) Get application API key to communicate with Facebook server
3) Register a Facebook application
4) Create an Flex application with Flash Builder
To communicate with Facebook from your application, first register your application with Facebook using Facebook Developer application.
1) In browser go to Facebook and login
2) Go to Facebook Developer application
3) Choose Allow option in Allow Access dialog box
4) Click the Bookmark Developer App link at the top of the browser window
5) Click the Home link at the top of the page
6) On the Home page, see the new Developer application bookmark
Register application with Facebook
To communicate with Facebook from your application, you must first register your application with Facebook using the Developer application which assigns an application API key and secret which are used when you make calls to Facebook.
1) Return to the Facebook Developer application by clicking the application’s bookmark
2) Click on Setup new application
3) Enter your application name and fill some details and choose Create Application option.
4) In Basic section you get Application ID, API Key and Secret Key related to your application.
See, these Application Secret Key and API Key will be used for your Flex application. These Key is will create a connection between your application and Facebook.
5) Now select the Advanced option from the left side navigation. For applications which can communicate with Facebook, you have to choose Application Type options. For web application will have to use Facebook REST API and specify setup and will have to use Facebook connect login for login functionality and it will have to deploy your application files on a publicly available server.
Now choose Save Changes option and you completed first step for you application.
Friends, very soon will post next step for these application, which will receive User Facebook details in Flash Builder application.
Today I seen an superb demo of ‘flex 4 application running on google nexus one’ by Harish, an Adobe Evangelists.
And there is a list of the nice Key points described, and finally it comes to the Flex Mobile Framework.
You can enjoy the demo.
It would be a great feature for flex developers !!! :)
You can get more details from here.
Its a great news for flash flex developers that Adobe Flash Builder 4 final released. Also Flex 4 SDK with completely new component and skinning architecture called Spark which support main motive for RIA applications and improved flex compiler performance and lots of other things.
According to developers prospective there are several new things like improved debugger support conditional breakpoints, watchpoints and expression evaluation, added code generation features and made it easier to test applications with network monitor and FlexUnit support.
You can get the exciting updates for the Spark from here by Deepa.
If you are just getting started with Flex then there is an TestDrive nice option to speed up on Flex.
So friends enjoy RIA…
Finally, Adobe provides a centralized space to host best practices, code sample and examples around the Flash gaming space from where game developers get information and share information regarding gaming environment. There are some nice articles or information listed below related to adobe gaming technologies:
You can get more information from here.
Enjoy RIA… :)
With the release of Silverlight a debate started among designers and developers regarding choosing between Flash and Silverlight. As I understands microsoft is faces difficulties in capturing the market due to maturity of Flash.
For developers and designers it’s important to think on technical features provided by Flash and Silverlight, to choose the technology that best suits your needs.
There are some important points described as below regarding the features comparison between Flash and Silverlight.
Flash use frame-based animation model. Silverlight is based on the WPF animation model which is time-based instead of frame-based.
Flash uses a compressed format, and text and images are embedded in movie, so flash file size is relatively small.
Silverlight uses XAML for its description language and it is non-compressed, so size of Silverlight component is usually larger.
ActionScript offers a set of sound classes that can be used to generate and control sound in a movie. While Silverlight dosen’t have the low-level audio APIs. It dosen’t support playback of WAV file because .NET has very little audio playback support.
Flash has webcam andmicrophone support for live video and audio transmission. While Silverlight dosen’t support webcam or microphone.
Friends, there are some others technical differences between the two technologies. As per me Adobe provides a nice features for attractive an effect applications development.
Enjoy RIA… :)
To develop any Flash, Flex or AIR application or game development there are lots of important factors like workflows of the application, for game application important techniques of for development. There are some interesting articles by experts are listed below :
1 ) An introduction to developing games on the Adobe Flash Platform by Samuel Asher Rivello
2) From black box to contextual applications by Eric Oldrin
3) The edge of Flash by Rob Ford
4) A guide to Adobe developer groups and resources online by Bryan Rinaldi
5) Unveiling WorkflowLab: A new tool for developing project workflows by Doug Winnie
6) Object Relational Mapping for the Adobe AIR developer by David Tucker
Enjoy RIA…. :)
As there are lots of web sites available which had been developed by using RIA technologies and provides interesting, effective interactivity and user friendly environment. I had observer some websites and among them I like some of the interesting websites which are listed below.
May be there are some more or other websites which are more interesting and effective for users. So I would like more if you can share that effective websites links with others so RIA developers can get more ideas to provides more effective environment to users by using RIA technology.
Enjoy RIA… :)
You can experience Adobe next-generation help, by Flash Builder and Flash Catalyst help application. The AIR application provides you reference content online and offline and some important features like:
• Access up-to-date definitive reference content online and offline
• Find the most relevant content contributed by experts from the Adobe community
• Comment on, rate, and contribute to content in the Adobe community
• Locate code examples with integrated code search
• Download Help content directly to your desktop to use and search offline
• Use dynamic navigation based on search results to find related content
• Enjoy content updates and feature enhancements without reinstalling the AIR app
You can install the AIR application from here.
Enjoy RIA :)
MAX sessions updates are as below. There are some important discussion like important tips for web design, increasing performance of Flash, Flex, AIR applications and most important secrets behind Flash and so on .
Enjoy RIA… :)