Adobe Edge Preview 5
Adobe Edge Preview 5 introduces some new features and enhancements over previous releases, which play an important role for animation and application optimization. Edge is fully compatible with all modern browsers and can work in mobile browsers. Edge even works in Internet Explorer 9 and this latest version provides a down-level stage for browsers that do not support HTML5, which allows web developers to create animations and post them online without any fear.
Some of the new features in Preview 5 include:
- Optimizing your content for deployment on the web
- Down-level stage for non-HTML5 browsers by using Poster Capture feature
- Preloader tool such as spinning wheels, for indication of animation loading. The loading event also exposed, providing information on the size and giving more control on when it’s used.
- Cursor attributes, so that your cursor changes in appearance when user hovers a link or other actions.
- Timeline based improvements
- Easing functions now available on the timeline control strip, which visualizes how each of them behaves.
- Swap images makes it easier to design with temporary or placeholder images that can be replaced later.